Since 2010 I have been working in roles that revolve around creative problem-solving, branding, and long-form copy. These roles required excellent communication skills, time management, and collaborative ideation with a range of stakeholders. I have worked directly with clients around the world on creative projects across a range of industries. My work is persuasion-focused and requires an intuitive grasp of what people need to feel in order to inspire action and translating these feelings into personal benefits.
|Compare TV||March 2018 – September 2018||Editor (Contract)||Affiliate Marketing|
|CJ CUSACK DOT COM||December 2013 – Present||Concept Manager||Digital Marketing|
|Elastic Grid||June 2012 – December 2014||Copywriter||Channel Marketing|
|Castlefor Media||July 2011 – June 2012||Content Writer||Content Marketing|
|Bienalto||September 2010 – December 2010||Graduate Intern||Digital Marketing|
- Developed, audited and managed scalable content generation systems.
- Designed and implemented a content marketing strategy for an up-and-coming telco.
- Rebranded a niche digital marketing agency.
- Completed concepts and full campaign copy for Fortune 500 companies.
- Enjoyed extensive international travel thanks to my freelance income.
- Enabled new business launches by streamlining the content generation process.
|Slack Training 2018||UX and UI Training 2013|
|Wrike Training 2018||Ideation and Niche USP Planning 2012|
|Asana Training 2018||Media Law Training 2011|
|Balsamiq Mockups 2017||Search Keyword Optimisation 2011|
|Clip Studio Paint 5 EX 2017||Content Strategy 2011|
|Google Docs 2015||Introduction to SalesForce 2010|
|WordPress 2013||Introduction to Information Systems 2006|
|Social Media Training 2013||Adobe CS 2003|
Compare TV – Editor (contract)
March 2018 – September 2018
A former freelance client, Compare TV needed help improving their market reach. In this capacity, I redesigned their entire content generation and audit processes. This included drafting guidelines for tone of voice, UX, branding and more, with the aim of producing more focused content on a scalable basis. I also implemented fresh methods for both the content planning process and the content audit program. This ensures that their growing content calendar matches stakeholder requirements while eliminating costly errors and oversights.
- Manage the content creation process
- Help content creators develop and adhere to monthly KPIs
- Identify and develop new content opportunities (videos, email marketing, new review formats) and expansion into related industries.
- Draft writing style documentation, proofing processes and language guides that incorporate brand language and tone of voice framework.
- Train content creators on best-practice for content rules, design guidelines, and writing style.
- Review analytics on content performance and translate results into new projects.
- Ensure all documents meet publishing guidelines before scheduling.
- Supervise content seeding via social media.
- Provide recommendations on the best use of on-site real estate.
- Developed and implemented new content generation processes and audit programs.
- Developed tone-of-voice documentation for internal and freelancer reference.
- Developed proofing guidelines and SEO checklist for all staff.
- Hosted workshops on SEO best practices for writers focused on human-friendly content.
- Hosted webinars on how to use content structure to enhance readability.
CJ Cusack Dot Com – Concept Manager
December 2013 – Present
As a freelancer, I use my agency background and industry training to help my clients identify and communicate the concepts and messaging they need to capture the attention of their key audience members. I also help my clients generate the content they need to help their audience take notice – and guide them to take action.
- Engaging in business development activities to source new clients.
- Liaise directly with clients to understand their organisational challenges.
- Ideate concepts that are easy to explain and that deliver a lasting advantage in terms of ROI.
- Deliver concept documents that act as lighthouse programs for all business communication efforts.
- Draft content as identified through client briefings.
- Guide the content generation process of third-party contractors.
- Pretty much everything else (I even get the coffee).
- Developed content generation plans that helped clients launch new solutions.
- Worked directly with CEOs to help them rebrand existing services.
- Wrote the book on SEO (literally).
- Built a reliable pipeline of repeat clients.
- Honed content production schedules to the point where I could travel freely while meeting client requirements.
Elastic Grid (formerly Elastic Digital) – Copywriter
June 2012 – December 2013
A creative digital agency, Elastic Grid designs and delivers customisable channel marketing campaigns that help its clients extend their reach through licensed resellers and consultants. This organisation has recently merged with Zift, a firm that specialises in channel marketing automation.
- Reviewed client briefs and associated collateral to draft creative concepts.
- Gained deep insight into client messaging and outcomes before drafting campaign concepts.
- Worked directly with clients to source information required for the concept creation process.
- Present concept rationale and projected outcomes directly to clients.
- Communicate the rationale behind content creation decisions to team members and clients.
- Assisted the Creative Services team in the development of ad hoc written content.
- Ensured draft content included all site pages and campaign assets such as audio/video scripts, SEO tags, banner ads, social content, eDM content and subject lines.
- Assisted in PR initiatives by drafting content for social media channels and media releases.
- Developed and updated quality control processes, ensuring that internal and client standards are met.
- Keep up to date with best practices relating to digital marketing.
- Drafted campaign content that delivered average results more than five times above projections.
- Worked with head designer to develop templated structures for websites and eDMs, cutting production time for client projects by as much as 50%.
- Drafted internal copy standards guide used by all designer and front-end developers, removing the need for copy confirmation requests.
- Produced fresh concepts for tech solutions labelled as “dry” and “samey”.
- Personally drafted full campaign copy including five-page promo websites, video scripts, eDMs, SEO optimisation, and social media content.
Castleford Media – Content Writer
July 2011 – June 2012
An online content marketing firm that specialises in driving organic search using human-friendly, keyword driven news articles.
- Produced creative articles, newsletters, blog posts, landing pages and news updates for a range of clients.
- Liaised with clients to ensure that the content brief reflected their specific needs and adjusted content as required.
- Producing copy that suited the background and understanding of niche audiences.
- Communicating effectively within a dynamic team environment to deliver copy that reflects client needs and delivers measurable results.
- Ensuring content was suitable for presentation across a range of content management systems and channels – including copy, formatting, and graphic elements as required.
- Maintaining a high level of industry awareness through continuous research and sustained client dialogue.
- Strong product and market knowledge required to demonstrate the benefits of client solutions to a range of audiences.
- Ability to take feedback on board in order to develop copy in line with client needs and reader expectations.
- Produced a range of content on the extended application of popular CRM solutions that attracted industry attention.
- Delivered a number of targeted articles on complex legal issues that received widespread distribution.
- Personal best of 6,000 words per day of letter-perfect copy.
- New clients sought out the services of Castleford Media after viewing production quality of current content.
Bienalto – Graduate Intern
September 2010 – December 2010
A boutique marketing consultancy specialising in online content, electronic direct marketing, digital design and data-driven campaigns.
- Producing copy, graphics and structural content for electronic direct marketing, landing pages and social media advertising campaigns.
- Update internal wiki processes as new developments were deployed and improvements were made to internal systems.
- Monitor and report on campaign statistics using integrated analytics to determine effectiveness.
- Develop public brand awareness for clients using social media streams to help drive engagement and source feedback.
- Cleaned recipient lists and managed new contacts in accordance with legislative requirements.
- Undertook extensive research in order to provide informative industrial copy aimed at technical decision makers and purchasers.
- Delivered feedback solutions and community dialogue channels to niche client specifications.
- Introduced clients to effective social media advertising solutions that encouraged interaction.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of participant communications for the opening act of the Sydney Festival 2011.
- Contributions to direct marketing development meetings saw click-through rates for a number of key technology clients measurably improve.
Bachelor of Commerce-Marketing – 2010
Diploma of Business Management – 2005
North Sydney Institute of TAFE
Any time from 8 October 2018.
Contact details will be available on request.